Under Christ the King’s universal call to serve, we as men, pledge to unite and build up other men in the mold of leader, protector, and provider through education, formation, healing, and action.
The King’s Men apostolate began its full time outreach to men on Monday August 28, 2006. This was the feast day of Saint Augustine, the patron saint for this exciting new lay men’s apostolate. Since the launch of their full-time outreach to men, The King’s Men have traveled, sponsored and lectured at conferences, workshops and retreats for thousands of men all throughout the United States. Over 15 years, The King’s Men have added small men’s groups in the following states: PA, NY, CT, MD, VA, WV, GA, NC, OH, TX, LA, IN, MN, ID, NM, AZ and CO. Global groups are forming in Switzerland, South Korea and Australia. The need for small men’s groups continues to grow and The King’s Men aim to provide every diocese with an opportunity to duplicate their model.
The Four Pillars
With over fifteen years of experience in dynamic lecturing, expert teaching, and workshop training, TKM offers a variety of options to meet your conference, retreat, and other speaking needs.
The fundamental formation initiative and real heart of TKM are highly effective weekly formation and accountability meetings offered in a growing number of locations. Developed and refined by experts in masculine spirituality, these meetings combine prayer, education, and an action-oriented component called the Four C’s. The meetings offer men an opportunity to grow in virtue and accountability using the notion that “iron sharpens iron” (Proverbs 27:17)
The multi-billion dollar pornography industry is out of control, unregulated, and destroying the common good. Pornography devastates families and the lives of millions of men and women who are caught in the snares of sexual addiction. By and large, the pornographers have been operating without any resistance…until now!
TKM strongly believes that every man is a protector, especially of women and children, both of whom are victimized by pornography. With over a hundred protests, the No More Porn Tour is costing adult businesses “100’s to 1000’s of dollars” per protest. In fact, through the power of prayer and action of TKM, 22 S.O.B’s (sexually oriented businesses) have shut down. The No More Porn Tour is an opportunity to share the truth of God’s plan for sex and marriage. At protests, information is available on healing and freedom for those who are trapped in the slavery of addiction and excellent literature about the dangers of pornography is distributed. Our efforts are always charitable and emphasize the message of true love.
God’s healing can be instant! A simple read of St. Paul’s conversion in the Acts of the Apostles 9:1-30 will reveal such truth. However, for most men healing comes through a process that involves God’s amazing grace and man’s full participation and cooperation with His holy will.
The King’s Men have learned much about healing, specifically in the areas of father and son relationships, sex and porn addiction, same sex attraction disorders and post abortion trauma.
The King’s Men
2. We are 100% pro-life from the moment of conception to natural death.
3. We believe that pornography can be a root cause of the following: fornication, adultery, sexual abuse, rape, incest, the contraceptive mentality, divorce and abortion.
4. We believe that pornography hurts families, destroys marriages and victimizes women and children, whom, we as men must defend, protect and serve.
5. We believe that a man must be engaged in a noble battle if he is going to truly live out his vocation to lead, mentor, protect, and provide.
6. We believe that through humility, accountability and sacramental grace a man can find freedom from sexual sin and addiction.
7. We believe that a man must seek formation on a natural level so he can begin and continue to make progress in his spiritual life.
8. We believe that a man must lead through his weakness.
9. We believe that a daily prayer life is essential for a man’s spiritual growth.
10. We believe that a man must align himself with a group of men who will both support and challenge him in all areas of his life.
11. We believe that a man must be actively seeking spiritual growth and development in virtue, especially the cardinal and theological virtues.
12. We believe that a man should be daily seeking an opportunity whereby he can better listen, understand and obey God’s will for him.
We humbly supplicate and beseech thee, O thrice-blessed Augustine, that thou wouldst be mindful of us poor sinners this day, daily, and at the hour of our death, that by thy merits and prayers we may be delivered from all evils, of soul as well as body, and daily increase in virtue and good works; obtain for us that we may know our God and know ourselves, that in His mercy He may cause us to love Him above all things in life and death; impart to us, we beseech thee, some share of that love with which thou so ardently glow, that our hearts being all inflamed with this divine love, happily departing out of this mortal pilgrimage, we may deserve to praise with thee the loving heart of Jesus for a never-ending eternity.
With over twenty total years of experience in dynamic lecturing, expert teaching, and workshop training our co-founder Mark Houck offers a variety of options to meet your conference, retreat, and other speaking needs. He speaks with passion and expertise to men, women, and youth on a variety of topics. TKM’s speaking outreach is highly regarded and endorsed by ministry leaders throughout the country.